Saturday, July 19, 2014

I Like Names

I really like names. 

I have a name app on my phone that I play will for hours; I look up new names I've heard, find all the names of a certain meaning or origin. It's wonderful.
When i have to name anything i put a lot of thought and effort into it or i use names that are meaningful to me. For example my pets names:
  • Jazz. She came with this name and I didn't want to change it. We started calling her Jazz Master but I also like that it ties into my family as my youngest sister is Jasmine.
  • Blues. I wanted something that played off of Jazz and was unique and pretty. In truth her name is Blues Clues since who didn't love that show as a kid? People always compliment her name on its own and when I say them together; Jazz and Blues. 
  • Sek. My sister named him after her favorite Dalek in Doctor Who, a show we both LOVE. 
  • Drogo. After Khal Drogo in A Song of Ice and Fire. I was just into the second book at the time and I wanted a tribute to my favorite character. As a bonus I call his cage The Khalasar.
  • Athos. My favorite book is The Three Musketeers and Athos is my favorite musketeer. In truth I would totally name my son Athos but the lizard already claimed it so that name is off the table. 

Yeah i have a zoo. Be that as it may I really do love to name things so as something a little different I'm going to be doing a names tag! Some of these questions as for names I'd name my children and I'm going to put names I would but not names I'm going to...if I even ahve kids. So they'd be names for 5th and 6th kids basically lol My top few names for actual children are highly personal and ever evolving. i want them to be known my a select few so that if I ever do have children I can have them and not feel everyone was already expecting them. Here we go:

1. List your favourite and least favourite names from the SSA 2013 BabyName List. (why do you like or dislike them and would you use a nickname?
Okay i chose 2 boys and 2 girls for likes; Alexander, Micheal, Isabella, and Mia. 
The name Alexander means protector and its such an old and strong name. I really love 'classic' names for boys which is also why i went Micheal. Micheal is a family name for me as well, i've always liked it. Both of these names i like for girls as well as boys and I'd nickname them Alex and Mike.
Isabella is the name one of my friends recently named her little girl and I love her so much I can't think of a prettier name right now! I call her Belle which means beauty and is the name of my favorite Disney princess. Mia is also a family name; in fact my cousin Micheal named his daughter Mia. I just really like the simplicity of it.
My least favorite names are Jayden and Madison, i hate names ending in 'den' or 'lyn' or any of that. And 've never really liked the name Madison.

2. If you had twins, what would you name them? (G/G, B/B, B/G)
Aislin/Alivia Micheal/Derek Alivia/Micheal
Aislin means 'dream', Alivia mean 'peace' or 'tree of life', Derek means 'famous ruler', and Micheal is a biblical name which means little and less but it's a family name. I love all of these names and I love them together as well.
3. If you could change your name to anything, what would it be?
I wouldn't want to. At all. I love the name Tarina.
4. You have 4 children. Any gender. Their first names all have to start with the same letter. What would their names be?
Zea, Zachary, Zues, Zarina
LOVE 'Z' names. The name Zea (just pronounced Z-uh) has been with me since I was a child. i always loved it and wanted a daughter named Zea Nichole. Zachary just because i like the sound of those 'classic' biblical names even if I don't like the biblical meanings. Zues, again love the sound and I love the historical, religious, mythological names. Zues is closer to my heart than a biblical name, I was/am very into Greek religion and myth. Zarina is my name with a 'Z', it also means golden and is simply very pretty.
5. Favourite animal inspired name.
Raven
I'm from Baltimore, I have a cousin named Raven, I love Poe and his poem The Raven. Lots of meaning and history there. 
6. Favourite colour inspired name.
Blue. I mean i named my cat Blues. I do also like Red, I go by Red a lot on various places online.
7. Top 3 boy names.
Leonardo, Jackson, Micheal
8. Top 3 girl names.
Zea, Alivia, Tuesday (I love day/month names)
9. Favourite celebrity baby name.
Blue Ivy
10. Ultimate guilty pleasure name.
Mira/Mirror
I pronounce the word Mirror as Mi-rah and I've always loved the sound of that and wanted to name a daughter Mirror for the longest time....
11. Most hated baby names.
Things that end in Lyn or den
12. Choose a baby name based on a food/drink.
Sunday Shortcake
13. Choose a baby name based on a month.
Spoiler alert, one of my actual 'Will use' names is a month!
I love them all so I'll say January because it's a close second for favorite
14. Choose a baby name from Twilight.
I don't know anything about Twilight....Can i do game of Thrones instead? In that case Myrcella or Aerys 
I looked it up and I like the name Renesmee if only it were spelled different.
15. Choose a baby name that is already in your family.
Micheal, Morgan, Josephine, Zelda
This one is hard because a lot of my 'List' names are based on family names. 

Okay so to top this off I'm going to do one of my favorite things. The alphabet game! Just the first girls and boys name I can think of and like for each letter. If they have only one names it's gender neutral. 

  • Alivia/Aerys
  • Blaney/Blake
  • Cleary
  • December/Derek
  • Ever
  • Friday/Frederick
  • Gaia/Gabriel
  • Hillary/Hasani
  • Isabella/Ira
  • JoAnn/Joseph
  • Kai/Kahlil
  • Lace/Leonardo
  • Micheal
  • November
  • Olli/Omar
  • Patricia/Patrick
  • Quinn
  • Rain/River
  • September/Samuel 
  • Terah/Tarin
  • Ursula/Ulysses
  • Venus/Victor
  • Wednesday/Waseem
  • Xian
  • Yardley/ Yanni
  • Zarina/Zues

No comments:

Post a Comment