Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Nappy Days: Rafa Natural Detangling Comb

I have SO much to do! Seriously guys...I am so backlogged with reviews I might just post a few all at once. I tried recording a video review of this comb but my voice was so distorted that I gave up.

 Todays review is of Rafa Naturals Detangling Comb. I have misplaced my photos from the unpacking but it looked exactly like it does on the site. I bought this comb because my friend broke my favorite Goody hairbrush and I thought to myself...It would be a great opportunity to try out some organic combs.
I came across Rafa Naturals in a Google search and was very impressed with their beauty products.

"Our mission is to provide natural, organic products for your bath, body and home that look beautiful, smell amazing and are packaged in phthalate free  and BPA-free packaging.  We also make our products affordable so our customers don’t have to take out a 2nd mortgage to be naturally beautiful."

I didn't expect too much from this comb when I ordered it; in my 20 years on this planet I have only found 1 brush that has tackled my curls and come out the victor. Most combs and brushes break my hair, get tangled in it, pull out my curls, and are all around bad for me. With this history I want you to know I went into this expecting to not be happy with the combs performance but willing to admit that the problem was my hair and still give the comb a fair review....
The brace pulling off after the first use


I'm just going to cut to the point and say that this comb is barely worth the $5 plus shipping it cost. My first impression was that the comb was flimsy, it bent with minimal pressure and I felt it would snap in my hands with just a small amount of force. The teeth are not spaced wide enough but are wide themselves making it hard for them to get into the hair. There are 4 seams on the comb were separate pieces of wood were joined, only one of those failed...the most important one. The 'brace' of the comb slid right off after the first 2 uses, followed by a snapped tooth and then the entire thing broke in half in my hands!
Every time I used this comb it got tangled in my hair and pulled and ripped the curls out. I tried very hard to be easy on this comb by finger combing my hair thoroughly and putting TONS of deep conditioner in before using it. I am willing to admit that I should not have gotten this comb wet but did, I comb my hair in the shower to preserve the curls and this comb warped after only 2 showers.

I know I ask a lot of my combs and brushes but i only asked one thing of this detangling comb...that it live up to it's name and it couldn't do that. It ripped my hair, got tangled in it, and broke under slight pressure even when I went out of my way to give it the best chance it had to do even a mediocre job on my hair. I honestly wouldn't reccommend this comb to anyone but if you do want to try it I suggest you have silky straight hair; if you require any actually tangle control this comb is NOT for you.

Final Verdict: I will not buy again









No comments:

Post a Comment