Sunday, February 2, 2014

Sunday Afternoon Soup: The most amazing bowl of Ramen




I told you we’d buy the Numi Organic tea again, only this time it’s being used for its true calling; making soup. At around noon Charles came downstairs and started cleaning pans (always a good sign) and informed me that I might want to be taking pictures. That’s all you really need to say to me, so I closed my laptop and went to see what he was doing. The answer: amazing things.
 Just yesterday we all went to Roots, an organic grocery, where we bought more Spinach Chive Savory Tea from Numi Organics. That combined with 3 sugars, ramen, a fried egg, scallops, left over Chinese pork dipped in egg foo young gravy, rice seasoning, as well as some sriracha (Whoa what a list) makes what I lovingly referred to as a bowl of Frankenstein’s monster-esque soup. This is an average afternoon at this house, really it is.
My reaction to tasting this was surprise.
“It wasn’t what I was expecting.”
“What were you expecting?”-Charles
“A disgusting bowl of soup”
“I guess I exceeded your expectation.”-Also Charles
In all it was pretty good, which is amazing for me because food is pretty much pass/fail in my book. Charles and Eric loved it too and they have much more refined pallets so I’ll say this bowl of mish mash soup is a win.
More pics (I have pics of all the ingredients but laying out so many photos is annoying)
 


Me taking a picture of Charles taking a picture of his fried egg


Me taking a picture of Charles taking a picture of the ingredients

Assembly

No comments:

Post a Comment