Thursday, January 23, 2014

New Beginnings

Where to start?

I guess where it all started; my whole life I was pretty much a Yes-man for my family. I lived to please others and accepted my 'quirks' as faults to be mocked. These quirks were thing like not using Styrofoam, wanting the shampoo NOT tested on animals, thinking hunting for sport and factory farming are wrong. Everyone laughed at me. Called me a hippie, a tree-hugger, they made it seem i was wrong for these things and I accepted that.
A few years ago (2 1/2 exactly) my life sort of reset, i had the chance to start over and I wanted to take it but I was drowning in the aftermath of it. I was left at the mercy of whoever would take me in and help me and even though I tried I never seemed to find my footing and I stayed a Yes-man.
My life is still changing faster than I knew possible but I am done living just to survive; on New Years I made a resolution to be the person I have always wanted to be. To live a greener, healthier life, to spend my money to impact real change on this planet. It's been hard; right now I have $47 to my name and 'organic' is always more expensive. Yes I cheat. I have to to live, but I never expected this to be an over night change.
Over the course of this blog I will be reviewing and showcase the products, companies, and the everyday changes I make in my life to be the person I want to be. I already have a list of products to review!
 In June I turn 20 and I want to open this new decade a new Tarina. Already I am happier with my life and it will only get better.So, please, come with me on this life changing journey. It'll be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment